Latest News for Swansea and South Wales
Carmarthenshire's Labour-led council has voted to remove all union secondments from on April 1. These April fools are no joke!
10th March 2014
Today, on Saint Davids Day, the Labour Party's special conference took two hours to eradicate much of the little remaining influence of trade unions in the party they founded.
1st March 2014
As a trade unionist I think they should be ashamed of a budget that includes a threat to the jobs of 173 council workers, an acceptance of the likelihood of compulsory redundancies and the outsourcing of swathes of council services, behind coded words like, "new models of delivery".
28th February 2014
We must, as a society, face up to the fact that over half of people using foodbanks have been put in that situation by cutbacks to and failures in the benefit system, whether it be payment delays or punitive sanctions.
26th February 2014
- Floods show planning and investment needed
- Whats the point in New Labour?
- Tonight, Swansea Council voted through 26 million pounds of cuts
- Socialist Party Wales conference report
- Fast food workers: Hungry for decent pay and working conditions
- Swansea Anti-Cuts Campaign says: fight Con-Dem cuts, dont vote for them!