Latest News for Swansea and South Wales
Too often we are fed the cynical idea of the "pink pound" by lobbying groups like the (misnamed!) Stonewall: that LGBT liberation can be advertised by companies and bought by consumers.
18th January 2015
Further Education union members in Wales have delivered a mandate for strike action over pay, in ballots that closed on January 5.
7th January 2015
Close to 100 concerned parents of school students, local residents and political representatives came to Parkland School Hall last night to discuss how to fight the Council's plans to sell off a large part of the school playing fields.
9th December 2014
Stand up to UKIP by opposing their politics of division and despair with TUSC (Trade Unionist and Socialist Coalition) and a fight against cuts and austerity. This was the message that Swansea and West Wales Socialist Party members took along with the Swansea TUSC banner, to the counter-protest at UKIPs conference in Margam Park on Saturday.
8th December 2014
- 50 billion pounds of cuts still to come: Osborne's solution deficit
- Public Meeting: 50 years of the Socialist Party - Socialism in Action
- Unison ballot for Welsh colleges strike action
- Putting down a marker for #TUSC in Swansea
- Syniadau a dulliau Karl Marx
- Marxist Theory Series