Wales Shop Stewards Network Conference June 30
12th June 2012
Workers in Wales confront austerity
Wales Shop Stewards Network Conference, Saturday 30 June
Temple of Peace, King Edward VII Avenue, Cardiff 10.00 am – 3.00 pm
With 88% of public sector cuts still to come from the Con-Dem government, the ongoing struggles against pensions and pay cuts are just the beginning of the challenges facing trade union representatives in the workplace.
And in Wales we are having to deal with big cuts to NHS spending.
What can be done to get all unions on-board to fight the cuts?
How can we get around anti-union laws? Do unofficial walk-outs work? What role can rolling action or work-to-rules play?
How can members of unions with right wing leaders be assisted to take action?
What can we learn from the recent victories of the construction electricians?
Find out about these questions and many, many more at the Wales Shop Steward Network conference.
Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Katrine Williams, Chair PCS Wales
- Les Woodward REMPLOY National Convenor
- Owen Herbert RMT Council of Executives
- Cerith Griffiths Wales FBU Chair
- John Hancock POA NEC
- Mark Evans UNISON Local Government Service Group Executive member for Wales
- Claire Job Swansea Health UNISON
- Ramon Corria Secretary Cardiff Trades Union Council
- Rob Williams National Shop Stewards Committee Chair
- Plus discussion and workshops.
Around 500 activists attended the National Shop Stewards Network conference last Saturday in London. Lets make the Welsh Shop Stewards Network conference on 30 June a success as well!
Click here to download the WSSN Conference leaflet (including delegation form) as a PDF file.