Swansea Bedroom Tax Protest
28th March 2013
There will be a protest against the Bedroom Tax in Swansea this Saturday (30th March), 1pm at Castle Square.
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/221707757971893/
The Socialist Party says:
- Scrap the bedroom tax and reverse all the welfare cuts!
- Council and housing associations must refuse to evict all tenants that fall into rent arrears as a result of the tax!
- Organise a campaign to stop evictions for bedroom tax-related arrears
- Build a new mass workers' party that draws together workers, young people and activists from workplaces and anti-cuts campaigns, to provide a fighting, political alternative to the pro-big business parties
- For a major programme of council house building and refurbishing to provide affordable homes for all and decent jobs
- Trade unions must build for a 24-hour general strike against austerity