Four ways to fight the cuts in Swansea this February
2nd February 2015
Challenge cuts to Council Jobs, schools and essential services
1. Socialist Party Meeting: Thurs 5 Feb, ‘How To Fight The Cuts’, Dyfatty Comm Centre @19:30
2. TUSC Street Ballot: Sat 7 Feb, Oxford Street, Swansea City Centre @13:30
3. Lobby Special Meeting of the Council Cabinet: Tues 10 Feb, Civic Centre @16:00
4. Lobby of Full Council budget meeting: Tues 24 Feb, Civic Centre @16:00
Cabinet members will be deciding which services to privatise, cut or axe as they prepare proposals for £27 million of cuts, to put to the full Council Budget meeting, on 24 February. It gets worse; councillors will also outline plans to axe over £80 million from Council services over the next 3 years.
Cuts will include:
· school facilities such as playing fields, breakfast clubs and travel subsidy
· Teachers jobs and increasing class sizes
· Social service budget – putting children, the older person and those most vulnerable at risk
· Youth facilities such as Youth clubs and West Glamorgan Youth Theatre.
· And many more…
Cuts of this scale will devastate jobs and services. We will be lobbying councillors, demanding that they re-consider. We hope workers whose jobs are threatened and users of services under threat will also come to demand councillors refuse to make those cuts.
Make your voice heard – Come to these 4 events, lets join together to show the Council that together we have the strength to defend our communities, jobs, schools and services.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org